All you need to do to become a Gifted Hands Volunteer is:
- Sign a volunteer agreement
- Treat the people in our programs with kindness, concern, and respect
- Represent yourself and Gifted Hands in a professional manner
- Commitment to respect others
- Ability to work effectively on a team or individually
- Good judgement and a willingness to follow guidelines and instructions
After you complete the online volunteer application, the Gifted Hands volunteer coordinator will contact you to schedule you for an orientation session where you will learn more about the benefits and the experience of volunteering with Gifted Hands.
Volunteer Mentoring & Training
Experienced volunteers mentor new ones to share their knowledge-base of the organization as well as train them in the details and processes of each volunteer assignment.
Gifted Hands asks for a six month commitment of at least four hours a month. Although, there are annual or one-day event projects as well as single-day or two-day programs needing volunteer support.
Adult volunteer positions are for those aged 18 and older.
Gifted Hands New York City
Fill out application!
Let us know your
interests, talents and
CONTACT GH NOW!
For more information and
for any questions,
send a message to
our volunteer coordinator.
YOU can make a difference!
Our mission is to provide underserved
youth and adults in New York City with educational art programs that build
self-esteem and teach new skills.